Diwali is a time when India lights up so brightly, it is practically visible from outer space. It is a time when you meet your family, friends and relationships grow. This is also the time when many families in the country can reunite and plan a trip together. If you’re one of those families, here’s some places that you definitely should consider visiting this Diwali:
1. Varanasi: Banaras, or Varanasi as it is better known, is one of the oldest towns in the country with about fifty ghats surrounding the holy river of The Ganges. During Diwali, each of these ghats are lit up with the mesmerizing view of thousands of diyas, floating around in the water.
2. Jaipur: Rajasthan is most known for two things – its culture, full of colors and celebrations; and its handicraft. Diwali is a time when you can enjoy the best of both worlds here, especially in the capital city of Jaipur. Apart from the houses, the markets of Jaipur are also covered in festive lights during this festival. The various types of earthen pots and diyas make the Rangoli look even more beautiful.
3. Amritsar: Coinciding with the Sikh festival of Bandi Chhor Divas, Diwali is celebrated with the utmost passion in this holy town of Amritsar. The Golden Temple, especially, looks astonishing with the Gurudwara all covered in colorful lights and music, and the lake covered in diyas floating over the water. The view simply dazzles everyone who goes there.
4. Kolkata: The main reason behind Diwali being a popular festival in this part of the country, is that it coincides with Durga Puja. The people who are in Kolkata during this time can witness the unique culture of Pandals, as well as everything from sweets to calf meat being offered to the Goddess. The streets are covered in colorful lights during this time, and the music from the Pandals can be heard in all corners of the city.
5. Delhi: Around Diwali, Delhi witnesses a unique culture of the Ramlila being organized by small theatre groups, in every part of the national capital. Apart from that, the spectacular decorations of public places and markets makes the architecture of such places in Delhi, which is already picturesque, seem even more stunning and breath-taking.This post has been brought to you by BillBachao.com. The BillBachao website and application are leading online portals to assist you in finding the best recharge plans for your mobile. We also offer an all new Network Signal Strength Checker and various other services through our Google App.