Since you’ve been eagerly waiting for the Telco – TRAI saga about call drops to come to a conclusion, here’s a scoop from the latest developments going around in the market right now:
1. TRAI has tightened the service norms for telcos by making them compensate the users for call drops. Now you’d get Rs1 per call drop.
2. You must understand the fact this compensation has been capped at Rs3 per day for now. So the telco’s maximum liability wouldn’t exceed Rs3 per user on any given day.
3. A new amendment in the law says, that the operator would intimate the consumer by sending a message with four hours of a dropped call. This message would have the amount credited to your account. Postpaid users would get these details in the next bill.
4. To reinforce the law further, there would be an additional penalty if the operators fail to meet the service quality benchmarks in two or more quarters subsequently.
5. Telecom operators requested TRAI on March 7 not to pass its mandate on call drops compensation as the matter is scheduled to be heard on March 10 by the Supreme Court. They had also requested Supreme Court
While TRAI has extended the compliance report submission to March 14, we’re certain that the apex court is sure to pass a consumer friendly ruling soon. But you can nip the call drop issue in its bud in one single click using Bill Bachao’s network recommendation feature. Try it here, its free!This post has been brought to you by BillBachao.com. The BillBachao website and application are leading online portals to assist you in finding the best recharge plans for your mobile. We also offer an all new Network Signal Strength Checker and various other services through our Google App.