The terms of the policy provided herein govern your use of any and all of the applications and the information accessible on or from these applications. Please keep in mind that this policy is applicable to all Bill Bachao properties that do not have a separate policy.
Digissential reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time. Digissential recommends that you review this policy periodically to ensure that you are aware of the current privacy practices.
1.1 Digissential may collect the following two types of information.
- (a) “Personal Information” which shall mean information which could reasonably be used to identify you personally like your name, email ID, and mobile number at the time of you registering on our mobile app
- Your mobile device location when you use our mobile app to find the best network for you in that area (specific location if you’ve enabled GPS, or general geographic location based on your internet connection service provider)
- General information about your device like type of device, operating system, version and apps installed in user's handset
(b) “Non-Personal Information” which shall mean information collected through cookies and which does not identify you or any other individual, and includes session and usage data, app data, device information, log data and aggregate information. Cookies are text files that are placed in your computer to identify your internet browser, store your preferences, and to improve your experience on the Applications. Data in cookies may be read to authenticate user sessions or provide services.
- 1.2 You may opt-out of the services you subscribed at given point of time by uninstalling the app.
- 1.3 You represent that the app’s consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the same shall not be in violation of any third party agreement, laws, judgments, orders or decrees.
2. Use of Information:
2.1 You may need to provide us with your personal information while registering yourself on any of the applications. The information so provided by you on the app or otherwise captured by the app may be used for a number of purposes connected with app’s business operations which may include the following:
- (a) provisioning of services, testing or improvement of services, recommending various products or services including those of third parties;
- (b) dealing with requests, enquiries and complaints, customer services and related activities with respect to provision of services;
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- To securely connect you with your friends to message within the network
- To improve our service in order to better serve you
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To send periodic emails and push notifications regarding content that we feel might interest you
- (c) marketing products and services of the app and its analysis;
- (d) responding to your queries and fulfilling your requests for information regarding the applications;
- (e) notifying you of any new offers or services related to the app and sending you important information regarding the app, changes to any of app’s policies and/or other administrative information;
- (f) keeping you informed about the latest data/material available on the Applications and special offers with respect to the same;
- (g) sending you surveys and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- (h) sending you surveys and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- (i) personalizing your experience while using the Applications by presenting advertising, products with your preferences;
- (j) if you wish to subscribe to any data package or service through the Applications, for completing your purchase. (For example, to have your payments processed, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service);
- (k) improving the services, data packages and advertising on the app;
- (l) protecting the integrity of the app;
- (m) detecting and protecting you and the app against error, fraud and other criminal activity, enforce our terms and conditions; and
- (n) responding to judicial process and providing information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law.
2.2 The following is a list of information that will be accessed and/or collected from your device:
- Device & App History: To detect any crashes of the app and to allow us to recover from the crash and restore any data lost during the crash
- Identity: To allow us access to your email id to enable us to create a unique account for you
- Contacts: To enable easy selection of contacts from your phonebook while doing a recharge or bill payment. We do not store this information and is accessed only while performing a recharge.
- Location: Location is used to track the network signal strength, dropped calls - this enables us to offer a personalized network recommendation based on your location
- SMS & USSD Messages: We access this information to verify the mobile number being used in the app to enable you to perform recharges and bill payments. This will also allow us read messages sent by your operator which will allow us to track and remind you of payment due dates, prepaid balance available, data balance available, etc. This will enable you to track all your mobile payments and due dates from a single location.
- Call logs: This allows us access to your call logs to compute the best mobile plan recommendation and to also provide prepaid users with an itemized bill statement that can emailed to you along with the cost for each call.
- Photos / Media / Files: Allows us to cache images from the app for faster loading and to save your mobile data.
- Camera: This allows us to get your camera settings to allow us to analyze your device and provide personalized recommendation on new mobile devices
- Wi-Fi Connection information: This allows the app to connect to the Internet over Wi-fi when it is available.
- Phone & Device details: To read multiple SIMs on your phone to get personalized recommendations in case you are using multiple SIMs on your phone. It also reads the apps on the phone to identify the apps using mobile data on your phone and to also enable recommendations of new apps based on these.
- 2.3 The app may use personal information to verify whether you are entitled to access and use the applications and the products and services made available through the Applications. This personal information may also be used to enable the app to enhance your experience of the Applications.
- 2.4 Further, with respect to non-personal information automatically collected and stored in files, the app uses this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the applications, to learn about user behavior on the applications, and to gather demographic information about the user base as a whole. The app may use this information in its marketing and advertising services. It may also use such information to measure traffic patterns on the Applications. As non-personal information does not personally identify you, Digissential may use and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
3. Disclosure :
- 3.1 Digissential may disclose your personal information to its affiliates, group companies, consultants, vendors and contractors who provide various services including, contact information verification, payment processing, customer service, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, and other similar services, under confidentiality restrictions, in order to enable such vendor and service providers to provide the services subscribed to by you.
- 3.2 Digissential may also provide your information or data to its partners, associates, service providers or other third parties to provide, advertise or market their products and/or services which may be of your interest. Further, you hereby agree that for efficient and smooth functioning of the Applications on your device, Digissential may require activation of certain software features and may communicate with your wireless service provider on your behalf. You agree to permit Digissential to activate such features and conduct all such requisite communications. You have the choice to ‘opt out’ of such marketing or promotional communications at your will by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3.3 Further, Digissential may disclose your information as may be necessary or appropriate: (a) in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process whether local or foreign; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce the app’s terms and conditions; (e) to protect app’s rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of the app’s affiliates, you or others; and (f) to allow the app to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that the company may sustain.
4. Information Security and Storage:
- 4.1 The app uses reasonable security measures, at the minimum those mandated under the Information Technology Act, 2000 as amended and read with Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011, to safeguard and protect your data and information. It implements such measures, as stated above, to protect against unauthorized access to, and unlawful interception of, personal information. You accept the inherent security implications of providing information over Internet/ cellular/data networks and agree not to hold the company responsible for any breach of security or the unauthorized disclosure of personal information unless the company has been grossly or willfully negligent.
- 4.2 Your information or data will primarily be stored in electronic form. However, certain data can also be stored in physical form. The app may store, collect, process and use your data in countries other than the Republic of India but under full compliance with applicable laws. It may enter into agreement with third parties (in or outside of India) to store your information or data. These third parties may have their own security standards to safeguard your information or data and the app will on commercially reasonable basis require such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard your information / data.
- 4.3 Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, the company shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of your personal information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event. A “Force Majeure Event” shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of Digissential and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
5.1 The app may link to other websites that may collect personal information about you.
5.2 We may disclose to third party services certain personally identifiable information listed below:
- Information you provide us such as name, email, mobile phone number.
- Information we collect as you access and use our service, including device information, location and network carrier.
5.3 This information is shared with third party service providers so that we can:
- Personalize the app for you to provide best network/ voice/ data recommendations based on your usage.
- Perform behavioral analytics to understand and improve user experience while using app.
The company shall not be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
6. Access, Correction and Deletion:
- The app provides you with all information that it collects, processes or analysis about you such as the transaction and contact information upon proper verification. This may be provided to you on request. You may request access and/or correct the information submitted by you by contacting us at email@example.com. If you wish to have the information or data that you have provided to be deleted, you can always do so by sending a request to us on the e-mail id provided above. You may note that correction or deletion of certain information or data may lead to cancellation of your registration with the app or your access to certain features of the app.
If you have questions or concerns about this policy, please contact Digissential at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2016, DIGISSENTIAL ENTERPRISES PRIVATE LIMITED
All rights reserved.